Monday, March 2, 2009

The Movie Projector Receives Dardos



Last week John at Twenty Four Frames kindly passed his Dardos Award along to me. Thank you, John! It's always gratifying to be recognized for one's efforts.
The Dardos Award is given for cultural, literary, and personal values in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing appreciation and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.
In accepting the award, which I gratefully do, I must do two things:
  1. Accept the award by posting it on your blog along with the name of the person that has granted the award and a link to his/her blog.
  2. Pass the award to another five blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgment, remembering to contact each of them to let them know they have been selected for this award.
It has not been easy selecting five blogs for the Dardos. I'm most interested in classic movie blogs, and many of these have already been cited. So I decided to make my main criterion excellence of writing. I don't read all of the following blogs faithfully, but I do read them often enough to know that their authors have real commitment to writing about movies and that their writing has the qualities I look for in good movie blogging (or for that matter, writing of any kind): it is lucid, succinct, insightful, and unpretentious, seeking to make complicated things seem simple and accessible.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In behalf of Allan Fish, I want to extend to you R.D., our sincerest gratitude for this wonderful honor, especially since you admitted yourself that you came upon us not long ago. We have appreciated your stellar contributions to the site in the comment section, as every comment you do make is a special treat. We are thrilled to havwe connected with you and look forward to some glorious movie discourse.

Anonymous said...

Hey R.D. Thanks a bunch, it really is quite a flattering honor coming from such a well written blog like yours. Thank you.

Wendymoon said...

Thanks a lot, I really am grateful for you sending this award my way.